Sunday, March 15, 2009

Back On Track

I did not abandon my blog. After months of injuries, illness and in climate weather, there wasn't much to write about. But Springtime is just around the corner. The birds are chirping, the grass is getting greener and there is only frost instead of 4feet of snow when I wake up in the morning.

Ben and I visited "Second Sole' a few months back. It is a store designated to the running shoe. We were both fitted for proper shoes and Ben has renewed his gym membership. I have started running again. I ran on Friday (March 13) and it was wonderful. It is amazing what a great pair of shoes can do. There were no painful shins, I managed to run more and walk less and the only part of me that ached in the morning were my thighs (instead of my whole body). I have started over on my Couch to 5K program since I only made it 2 days in before the killer shin splints.

I am also happy to announce that I have still had NO soda since Christmas. That is a huge accomplishment for me. Those of you who know me know how much I love Coke-a-Cola. I have also almost completely stopped eating sweets and I have cut out chip (except for chips and salsa) altogether. I will have the occasional bit of chocolate but it is too sweet. I used to loathe dark chocolate and it is steadily becoming my favorite.

I would also like to announce that as of yesterday morning I am weighing in at 138.2lbs! That is a 7lb drop since Christmas and only 3 more pounds to my goal weight that I wasn't planning on reaching until the end of the summer.

As the weather becomes nicer and I can spend more time outside I am hoping for more announcements to match the ones above.

Thanks to those who read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment